Global Learning Forum 2017 Program
Global Learning Forum 2017 attendees will have the opportunity to participate in:
- 32 small group workshops on specific topics
- Four plenary sessions
- An inspirational opening night event
- Site visits to clean energy and sustainable urbanism installations around Vancouver
- Networking receptions and meals, and more…
Our program is currently in development, see our draft print program (PDF) or digital program below.
In total, Global Learning Forum 2017 will host 32 small group workshops that address the urban electricity, heating and cooling, and transportation sectors, along with cross-cutting themes.
Working titles for confirmed sessions are below.
- How to write an ambitious energy plan that empowers staff, stimulates public and political support, and leads to results
- Building blocks of transition: Learning from the German Energiewende to 100% RE
- Near real-time energy trading: Lessons from the Bitcoin economy
- BCBC Step Code: Building now and for the future
- 100% renewable energy: The Australian experience
- Charging EVerywhere but which charging solution is the right one?
- Economic development opportunities in a renewable city
- Benchmarking business operations: Role of SMEs in helping cities achieve emissions and energy targets
- Transforming municipal processes and structures towards the local energy transition
- How can local governments and community groups promote distributed and local energy?
- Creating an innovation eco-sytem for RE between government, utlities, consumers, and the private sector
- Moving from diesel to 100% renewables in Alaska
- Making the municipal business case for ambitious energy planning
More sessions in development!
Workshop information, including full descriptions, final titles, session leaders, and dates and times, will be updated here on a continual basis.
Five engaging plenary sessions, which are in development, will bring together all participants throughout the three days of Global Learning Forum 2017. One of the plenary sessions will be an engaging opening night event.